Sunday, July 20, 2008

Beef noodles in Xinyi District

I had a craving for beef noodles suddenly. As my friends never tried my favorite beef noodle shop we gave it a try.

Apparently, this shop is quite popular. I believe they even won some award. It is a very small shop with seating on the main and basement levels. Go early if you want a seat as the place fills up during the lunch and dinner times. I like the place so much I lost track of how many times I visited it.

The beef roll and beef noodles are really good. There are different types of soup, noodle and beef mixtures you can try. My personal favorite is to have beef and tendons with machine cut thin noodles in a spicy (dark) soup. The beef roll is super tasty. I think of it as Peking duck style but with beef instead of duck. The bread they use is made fresh on the main floor. It comes packed with raw green onions. It is a perfect blend of flavors and texture.

Yummy beef rolls (highly recommended):


Various types of beef (very tender!) noodles:


This time, I decided to try a new dish. According to the Chinese name it is a spicy mixed beef cold dish. I love mixed beef dishes so I wanted to give it a try. The dish was not very spicy but there were a lot of white onions. The dish was good overall.

Spicy mixed beef parts cold dish (涼伴麻辣滿漢牛雜/liángbàn málà mǎnhàn niúzá):



Shop name (店名): 穆記小吃牛肉麵館/Mùjì xiǎochī niúròu miàn guǎn

Address (地址):
No. 239 Wuxing Street, Xinyi District, Taipei City
台北市信義區吳興街239號
Wúxīng Jiē èrsānjiǔ Hào, Xìnyì Qū, Táiběi Shì

Telephone (地址): (02) 2732-9372
URL (網址): n/a
Menu (菜單): Chinese
Operation Hours (營業時間): n/a

Notes:
It is across the street from Taipei Medical University Hospital (台北醫學大學附設醫院). They do not sell any drinks but you are allowed to bring your own with you. There are a few dessert places nearby.

No comments: