Friday, June 20, 2008

Dumplings for lunch....The Diner for dinner!

Thursday:
I had lunch at a small shop near the office today. They had different types of pork dumplings and soup. I had a hot & sour soup, a cold vegetable dish and a plate of dumplings (10 to a plate). It was not bad but it reminded me about an awesome dumpling place near Zhongxiao Dunhua MRT station. One day I will go down again to get some photos. I have the name card but I will post it another time.

For dinner, it was back to one of my regular burger joints, The Diner. It was a last minute invite but I couldn't resist the idea of chomping on one their super burgers. We ordered 2 starters to share, Buffalo Wings & Fried Mozzarella. We both had the California Burger set meal. I had a Dr. Pepper (my favorite!) to wash it all down. They have 2 outlets in Taipei, Dunhua South Road and Ruian Street. Each seems to cater for a different crowd. Dunhua seems to have a lot of executives and office type crowd. Ruian, being close to a university tends to draw the student crowd. I guess the gang felt like being young again so we ended up at the Ruian Street outlet.

They have lots of choices and a mini menu is on their web site.


Restaurant: The Diner (樂子)

Address (地址):
No. 6, Lane 103, Dunhua S Rd Sec. 2, Taipei City
台北市敦化南路2段103巷6號
Dūnhuà Nán Lù, èr Duàn, yìlíngsān Xiàng, liù Hào, Táiběi Shì

Telephone (地址): (02) 2754-1680

Address (地址):
145 Ruian St, Taipei City
台北市瑞安街145號
Ruì'ān Jiē, 145 Háo, Táiběi Shì

Telephone (地址): (02) 2700-1680
URL (網址): http://www.thediner.com.tw/
Operation Hours (營業時間):
星期一 ~ 星期五 10:00AM ~ 11:00PM
星期六 ~ 星期日 9:00AM ~ 11:00PM
最後供餐時間為 10:00PM

Monday ~ Friday 10:00AM ~ 11:00PM
Saturday ~ Sunday 9:00AM ~ 11:00PM
Last call at 10:00PM

Note: Chinese and English menu

No comments: